I am also known as VinceVell Customs in the statue community, as it was my handle on a lot of statue forums back in the day, and I kept it since everyone came to know me by that name.
Illustration/Graphic Design: Brochures, Window signs, Specialty catalogs, Product Labels, Specialty/Web Coupons, Tire Service Flyers, Newspaper ROPs, Logo designs, Business cards, Letter Heads, Calendar,, In-store promotion ads, Award invitations, Billboards, Display design for shows, Cover Illustrations for Merchandise Manuals and Coupon booklets, Mortgage Bank Flyers & Ads., End Caps, Posters.
Painting, Sculpting & Customizing Comic Character Statue: I love to collect statues but I also love to repaint them and customize them into other characters as a hobby. Its very peaceful and i love being a part of the Statue community learning all the time new tricks to the hobby. •
Traditional Painting & Drawing: Everything from landscape painting to figure drawing, pastels, acrylics, oils etc..
- Hometown: New Jersey
- Education: Associates Degree
- School: Pennsylvania College of Art & Design
- Major: Illustration
- Minor: Graphic Design
- Occupation: Art Director – Graphic Artist & Freelance Illustrator
Owner at Ficchi Illustration LLC (2015 – 2016)
- Knowledgeable in Traditional Art – Oil/Acrylic Painting, Pastels, Murals, Pen & Ink, Cartooning, Comics, Still Life, Airbrushing.
- Currently working on a project for Gragekits.us designing a new web logo and Paint Bottle Label as can be found at http://garagekits.us/colors/
- Repair/paint and customize comic superhero resin statues & busts for hobbyist in the statue community and later was commissioned by Bowen Designs Inc. to paint artist proofs of a five different prototype resin superhero statues that were later mass produced.
- Designed and Illustrated various products of car parts, bottles, tools, business cards, logos, T-shirt prints in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Quark Express.
Art Director at Young Advertising Inc. (2008 – 2012)
Main Clients Include:
Strauss Auto, CarQuest, Club at Woodbridge, Kearny Federal Savings Bank, Enterprise Bank, Rumson-Fair Haven Bank & Trust, Unifide, Frank Millman Distributors, Inc, AutopartsStores, CeeKays, Supercool.
- Takes the client’s job request from the Production Manager to create and design a product/project according to the client’s specifications.
- Design the Layout of Circulars with layers for various townships, Brochures, Window signs, Specialty catalogs, Product Labels, Specialty/Web Coupons, Tire Service Flyers, Newspaper ROPs, Logo designs, Business cards, Letter Heads, Calendar, In-store promotion ads, Award invitations, Billboards, Display design for shows, Cover Illustrations for Merchandise Manuals and Coupon booklets, Mortgage Bank Flyers & Ads., End Caps, Posters.
- Responsible for In-house Product illustration for companies such as QuakerState, Prestone, Armor All, Mobil1, and other major brands.
- Responsible for taking digital photos for every product, maintaining the brand name photography database, hardware/software assets and office network.
- Delivers the competed product back to the Production Manager for (further) proofing.
- Make graphical or layout changes before sending it to the client for review and also mockup projects for client meetings.
- Sends the finalize printed proofs, jpegs or PDF’s to the client for approval before sending it to the printer vendor for mass print production.
- Set up files for prepress printing upon finalization by either using FTP services, emailing or burning to CDs.
- Checks and makes any last minute changes for graphical glitches, off-set printing, and color corrections from printer vendor’s proof before complete finalization for mass production.
Photoshop Imaging Artist at Corbis Images (1999 – 2000)
- Restored 75-90 images per day by using Photoshop to digitally color correct and repair scanned images of scratches, creases, cloning, marks, and with color correction.
- Scanned in all 35mm & 120mm negatives, 4×5 color & b/w transparencies with Kamie Fluids, 4×5 & 8×10 prints to Scitex and Topaz scanners using Lino color program.
- Converted all scanned high resolution images from 40 meg files to low resolution for internet viewing and website purchasing.
- Was responsible for troubleshooting scanners / monitor calibration, archived database, and networked Macintosh Computers and software.
- Created CD copies of all client purchased photography to disk for sales department.
- Backed up and cataloged all work done each day for old DLT tapes.